"I have the simplest tastes. I am simply satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde

"I came, I saw, I ate." - Au Gourmand

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lamb Chop with Pesto; Potato and Pea Salad in Truffled Mayo

This is why I said you cannot have too much pesto. Voila! Now I have a beautiful and "fancy" entree in 30 minutes, all thanks to the pesto (and my diligent self a few days ago). I just wish my photographic skill will reach the level of my culinary skill one day...

Lamb Chops with Pesto

Ingredients
  • Lamb chops - trimmed off the fat
  • Salt and pepper
  • Pesto
Preparation
  1. Salt and pepper the chops on both sides.
  2. Grill them to perfection.
  3. Spread the pesto!
Potato and Pea Salad in Truffled Mayo

Ingredients

  • Fingerling/Dutch/Whatever small potatoes (the big Russet kind is too starchy and does not stand up too well in salad)
  • Fresh English peas (if they come in pods, even better!)
  • Truffled mayo (I cheated - I got this in France. But do not despair - Just add some truffle oil into home-made mayo, or for that matter, real truffle. Why not?)

Preparation

  1. Cut the potatoes. Microwave* them (do not forget to add a big spoon of water; this helps to cook the potatoes thoroughly. Otherwise, microwaving potatoes will be harder than you think).
  2. Remove peas from the pods and microwave them.
  3. Let the potatoes and peas to cool off to almost room temperature. Then mix in the truffle mayo!

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment