"I have the simplest tastes. I am simply satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde

"I came, I saw, I ate." - Au Gourmand

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Shrimp Salad a la Grecque

Perfect for the heat wave! Yes, you have guessed correctly - it is based on my Greek Salad recipe.

Ingredients

Shrimps
Cherry tomatoes - Quartered
Cucumbers - Diced
Fennel - Thinly sliced
Corn
Roasted pepper - Diced
Avocado Diced
Cilantro
Fresh, home-style salsa (Please, not the kind in a jar with expiration months ahead instead of days)
Lime juice or lemon
Vinegar
Salt, Pepper
Olive oil
*Add some hot sauce (tabasco, preferred).

Preparation

1) Splash some white wine on the shrimps, then grill. Salt and pepper.
2) Cut the shrimps into bite sizes (if too big to chew gracefully).
3) Cut the vegetables.
4) Mix all the ingredients.
5) Let it sit for half an hour at room temperature (Give it a chance so the flavors from all the ingredients can blend into each other; Besides, vegetables do not taste as good right out of the refrigrator despite what some may otherwise believe.).

No comments:

Post a Comment