"I have the simplest tastes. I am simply satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde

"I came, I saw, I ate." - Au Gourmand

Monday, November 15, 2010

Corn Bread Pudding with Coconut and Raisin - November 13, 2010

On a cold morning like today, a steaming hot bread pudding for breakfast seemed to be the answer to cure my ennui; the warm scent and the sweet custard would certainly resuscitate my dream-walking limbs and sugar-deprived brain cells.  As a matter of fact, I wonder why brunch menus do not include, instead of the ubiquitous soggy pancakes, soggy waffles and soggy french toasts, a list of freshly baked bread puddings:  Almond & banana; strawberry & cream; triple berries; cinnamon apple...and of course, the coconut & raisin corn bread pudding. 

You will have a hard time to tear yourself away from the oven while the corn bread pudding is baking, I can assure you that.

Ingredients - 3 Le Creuset mini cocotte
3 slices of left over Triple Corn Bread
2 eggs
2/3 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon of rum
Sugar
Raisins & Coconuts

Preparation

1.  Cube the bread.








2.  Mix eggs, milk, vanilla, rum and sugar.








3.  Add raisins and coconuts and pour over bread cubes.
     

    4.  Bake in a pre-heated oven (who would not?) for 20 minutes at 380 degrees.

    5.  Enjoy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment