"I have the simplest tastes. I am simply satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde

"I came, I saw, I ate." - Au Gourmand

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tori Shin (Demonstration) – March 12, 2011

Courtesy of the Ambassador Program, the chefs showed the prospective patrons how to open up a bird, muscle by muscle – educational and inspiring for my next yoga session (“Use the muscle between your buttock and thigh” – I must either not belong to the human species or be born defective for I cannot find such a muscle) – bone by bone and, unfortunately, not organ by organ (abridged due to time constraints, but more for the sake of sanguine appetite, I would believe).


Legs

Making of skewers
Furisode
Furisode is the joint of the chicken wing. It is named after the long sleeves of maiden kimono (married women wear short sleeves - tomesode).
Properly presented
Removal of the bone
Voila!
†From the guide prepared by Yasushi Sasaki.

No comments:

Post a Comment