"I have the simplest tastes. I am simply satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde

"I came, I saw, I ate." - Au Gourmand

Friday, July 2, 2010

Georgia's - June 28, 2010



My raspberry and apricot macarons...aren't they lovely? Don't they make your mouth water and crave for the crunchy and chewy exterior? Can't you feel the burst of intense flavor awaiting you?

Well, looks can be deceiving, and in this case, they are indeed deceiving. As everything else in life, don't trust just the looks. Smell it, hold it, bite it, and taste it. What do we have then? Another failed attempt at macaron. This macaron is chewy for sure. You chew and chew and chew without getting to the reward - which flavors did I get again? (Check the colors - pink and yellow.) Right, raspberry and apricot they were supposed to be, but were not. If I close my eyes, all that was in my mouth was a pile of sugary chewed mass of a mess. Next, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment